Saturday, February 04, 2006

One I've got, and two I'm working on.

Let's start with the music. I've been trying to get away from music lists as of late, as it's starting to feel more and more geeky (although I'm totally fine with having a wall in my apartment decorated with pictures from the Pro Football Hall of Fame). But I do have the desire to come up with a Top Five list for my favorite artists. It gives me something to start with when trying to convince someone to listen to them rather than Linkin Park, Yellowcard, Black Eyed Peas, etc. So here goes:

Ryan Adams
5. Come Pick Me Up
4. To Be Young (Is to be Sad, Is to be High)
3. Let It Ride
2. So Alive
1. Oh My Sweet Carolina

Counting Crows
5. Miami
4. Walkaways
3. Round Here
2. Anna Begins
1. I Wish I Was A Girl (acoustic version)
Ben Folds
5. Not The Same
4. Still Fighting It
3. Alice Childress
2. Landed
1. Smoke

Elton John
5. Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
4. Border Song
3. Levon
2. Your Song
1. Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to be a Long,Long Time)
R.E.M.
5. Half A World Away
4. You Are the Everything
3. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
2. Nightswimming
1. Finest Worksong

Radiohead
5. Just
4. Let Down
3. Fake Plastic Trees
2. True Love Waits
1. Idioteque

U2
5. Bullet the Blue Sky
4. Out of Control
3. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. City of Blinding Lights
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday

Wilco
5. Can't Stand It
4. Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again)
3. Ashes of American Flags
2. A Magazine Called Sunset
1. Poor Places

Now to the two things I want to learn:
2. Advanced defensive schemes
1. Old Testament Jewish practices and how they relate to the New Testament

Once I start learning these, I'll hopefully turn them into interesting entries. Or, they'll be so interesting that I'll never write this again. If you know anything about either of these topics, or have suggestions on where to start, let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger steve-o said...

Linkin Park is awesome, but their last album leaves something to be desired.

My suggestions: add to Elton John "Border Song." And to U2, "Zoo Station." Both are stellar.

And, finally, I have many books on Jewish culture in 1st century Palestine. Come and peruse the Beit Carr library sometime.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home