Thursday, July 20, 2006

T-Minus 44 Days/Here's To Hoping That The Band Is More Of A Success Than The Political Party

Last night six of my bravest friends and I ventured into Northern Kentucky and saw The Whigs put on a great show. It was a miserable place and a miserable crowd, and when the second of the bad local opening acts asked the crowd of twenty (not kidding) who was there to see The Whigs, Buddy and I were the only ones making noise. I'm not totally sure why he felt the need to ask, as he could have assumed that the rest of the crowd, composed of his family and girlfriend (not kidding), almost certainly were there to see him. But The Whigs made the most of it, and had the girls we went with gave the obligitory "It's not my kind of music, but I think they did a good job," before they tried to convince me that I now have to attend a Taylor Hicks show with them (not kidding). It's not happening girls, but thanks for coming to the show anyway. You can hear The Whigs album on I-Tunes, and the lead singer told me they were in the process of finishing up another album. One of the perks of no one attending a good show is the opportunity to get the news straight from the band. And the fact that the last thing the drummer said to me was "Go Dawgs!" was a nice touch.

O.K. Chicken: People who refer to rain as "retail sunshine."

6 Comments:

Blogger farris said...

http://bibledesk.com/index.htm

4:03 PM  
Blogger farris said...

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2006/08/08/gameday-preview-2006/

This is the link to the Gameday thing. The last link was to the bible stuff that markansas.blogpsot.com was linked up to. Just in case things get dicey.

6:31 PM  
Blogger farris said...

New question on our horn.

7:12 PM  
Blogger farris said...

I actually think you'll make it a year without another post...


I really think that thanking God for not being too cool for the safe belt is going to be the best thing to come out of this experience for me.

6:17 PM  
Blogger farris said...

3 more days man. You can do it.

11:49 AM  
Blogger farris said...

Rue this day.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home