Monday, February 13, 2006

The city so nice they named it twice. Manhattan is the other name.

T-minus four days til my trip to the Promised Land. Not the one flowing with milk and honey, but the home of Sanford Stadium and the greatest college music scene in the nation. It seems that all it needs is a great church to become my perfect city. I'll keep you informed on how it turns out come next Monday. Sunday may be my first appearance at a Baptist Church, strictly because it's where Mark Richt attends. There's always debate as to whether or not I should introduce myself when seeing someone like Coach Richt. His birthday is Saturday, so maybe I could simply wish him a happy birthday. But maybe being wished happy birthday from someone I've never met would just add more pressure to my life and creep me out a little. I should probably just stare at him during prayers. If you're not a fan of sports, it could be more comforting to you if you try ignoring the fact that I know both the birthday and the church of a man I've never met that lives over 500 miles away from me.

The trip is helping to keep my schedule exciting while I wait for the draft. By the way, with the Texans giving Carr an extension, any more of this talk about Reggie Bush not being the top pick is foolish. The media is trying to add drama to the situation by adding the possibility of Houston trading down, but that would be even more ridiculous than the Vikings waiting too long to announce their first round pick and getting passed over by the next team twice (two times) in a row.

Speaking of the draft, I'm planning on doing a running diary for at least the first day, maybe both. Let's hope I become entertaining to read by then.

Finally, today is the first installment of my Ho-Fish/OK Chicken of the day, or week, or whenever I decide to add another pair. I'm not going to explain where I got the name from, but I know of three people that it makes sense to, and that's good enough for me. Although I only know two of those people, and only one that reads this. The Ho-Fish is the good one, and the OK Chicken is the bad, by the way, because it's funnier that way to me.

Ho-Fish: North Texas Mean Green. You may have a horrible nickname, but you start Spring Football earlier than anyone else, and that's good enough for me.

OK Chicken: Eddie Sutton. You went from disgracefully leaving Kentucky because of a drinking problem and gross misconduct with the program, to becoming a beloved coach at OK State who everyone thought had recovered and found a strong faith in God. Now with his son named as successor when he decides to retire, and his legacy so close to being locked in Stillwater, he gets busted for DUI on the way to the team plane. Although witnesses have claimed to see pain medication in his car, one has to wonder what witness comes close enough to this scene to see that outside of a cop with Cowboy tendencies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudeigh Barker said...

If nominations are accepted, I would like to throw a couple of names your way for the titles of "Ho-fish" and "Ok-chicken". I am not familiar with your stipulations or requirements for these titles, but hopefully they will meet all criteria and can be posted with the honory titles. (These would actually be for a special double issue of "Ho-fish") I would like to nominate Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable for title of "Ho-fish". For the "Ok-chicken", it would have to be The Naked Mole Rat, for the mere annoyance its theme song caused me. Thank you for your time and consideration.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Trudeigh Barker said...

*honory should be replaced with honorary. Please forgive me for they error and I hope this does not effect your decision for my request.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home